dimanche 3 février 2013

Making a start

Made a start on my new 15s and painted up two of them. They went quickly and they might not win any painting competitions but i'm looking for a full force, more impressive en masse. Just the bases to do and click for more detail.
I did a little conversion on the spear man, turning the hand and clipping a hole in the spear. I did add a little axe head in plasticard but it fell off so he's a spearman. I kept highlights to a minimum, mainly on the armour and the crossbowman's surcoat.


I've also made a start on a hall and two houses for my campaigns in Runissia and the Kaliad Shore. I'm aiming for a mix of Saxon/Viking buildings for the poorer and rural buildings with later medieval manor houses and towers/keeps for the richer and fashionable men.


Figures to show the size.


The hall's big, but it has to be! I won't stick the roof on so men can go inside.


I plan on doing a tower, like the one i have already in 28mm but perhaps in stone this time, as well as some more farmers houses and a barn and smithy. That was i can have a village, a manor around the hall or a motte and bailey castle around the tower. I'll make a circular palisade from plastic sprue too. Hmmm, plenty to do!

1 commentaire:

  1. I like your creativity here. A lot of people would simply buy the scenery, but you're making it.

    No plans to stick the axe head back onto the spear then?

    Currently doing my own project, and working on painting currently, but not too sure about it yet as I use to just colour them in one set colours really, no highlighting or shading, etc. Trying to do a better job on that now. If you'd like to look, they're on my blog Nathan's Fiction Sphere Feel free to leave me any tips you feel you could offer

    RépondreSupprimer

Remarque : Seul un membre de ce blog est autorisé à enregistrer un commentaire.